Do you like bringing order to complex strategic uncertainties and business challenges?
IPEX Consulting – Global experts
We provide diligent railway rolling stock and train systems commercial engineering and strategy consultancy advice and project services to manufacturers, financiers, authorities, and operators across the international private and public sectors.
Founded in 2003 and grounded in more than 200 years of combined railway industry operational insight, IPEX retains a highly skilled and agile team for creating sustainable solutions – at whatever stage of the project cycle.
We’ve contributed to multi-billion-pound contracts as well as small but crucial studies and decisions, including preparing 2,000-page bids, challenging standards compliance, formulating decarbonisation strategic advice, driving reliability and performance improvement, and benchmarking commercial data and operating and capital costs, and our real-time operational knowledge and professional assurance ethic routinely solve a myriad of transport problems.
- curious and inquisitive;
- motivated by the pursuit of high ideals, and the practical improvement of our world;
- self-actualising and comfortable with creating order and plans from limited guidance;
- interested in the way transport connectivity and mobility enable economic and social benefits;
- Degree qualified in mechanical, electrical, electronic, or systems engineering;
- a Chartered Engineer or progressing towards Chartership through a recognised scheme (such as MPDS);
- interested in the commercial aspects of engineering;
- experienced in the railway industry; and
- a member of a recognised industry Institution?
- a desire to join and bring your own skills into a dynamic, agile, diverse, team;
- an appetite for learning and personal development every day;
- the enthusiasm to work flexibly and where necessary outside standard business hours to engage with our global client base;
- an ability to work autonomously by yourself and as part of a wider team;
- experience of report writing skills to a high standard with attention to detail, spelling, and grammatical correctness as well as clear, assertive, and unimpeachable conveyance of meaning;
- the logical mind to analyse complex data sets to interpret meaning and develop strategic decisions, including business cases and financial models;
- a willingness to engage in business development, or to learn and contribute towards business development, both in client engagement and in writing compelling bid response documents;
- experience of project management – formally or informally;
- the drive to solve problems on a daily basis both for our clients and for the development of our company;
- the curiosity to research and investigate technical and technological innovations and solutions to deliver our clients’ requirements; and
- the excitement to join a small business developing itself into a world-class deliverer of solutions and innovative thinking?
- We are currently looking to recruit people with 2-5 years’ experience.
- We are offering a salary of £30,000 – £60,000 dependent on experience.
- We provide a generous holiday allowance, birthday leave, bonus scheme, and other benefits, including training opportunities.
- Location will be hybrid with the majority of the week to be worked in Leeds. Some international travel may be required.
- The role is full time and permanent.
- IPEX Consulting is a signatory of the Rail Industry Association’s Equality Diversity and Inclusion Charter, and is accredited Gold with Investors in People.
If that sounds like you:
By the closing date of 10 February 2023, please send to moc.gnitlusnocxepi@sboj:
- a full CV;
- a covering letter setting out what you will bring to the IPEX team, having investigated us and what we do, and why we should consider you for joining our team; and
- a two-page summary of a project or work experience of which you are most proud, using this opportunity to demonstrate your agility, skills, experience, and report writing persuasion capability.
Stage 0 – Attitude towards preparing CV, letter, and two page summary to provide detail of candidate capabilities.
Stage 1 – Informal interview to assess alignment to IPEX culture, and personal and social fit – do we suit you and do you suit us.
Stage 2 – Formal interview with one presentation, and one written document submitted a few days before the interview.